Zenith carb black hole

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 18:18:21 PDT

It seems as though the Zenith Carburetor Division of the Bendix Corp, as well
as anyone who ever worked there, or sold or serviced their products has
vanished into a black hole.

I am desperately seeking a few parts....

C81-57-50 Valve (needle) and seat
C181-322 gasket kit
C85-108 float
C143-22 gasket

Everywhere I inquire I am asked what these fit (military LeRoi 210G1
compressor), and then I am told that they don't have anything for that
application. Or they ask what the carb number is (11362), and then told they
don't have anything on that. No one seems to be willing to look for the
individual parts. I will buy whatever kit has the appropriate needle and
seat, regardless of what variant of the series 31 carb it fits.
No one seems to understand this. One place said they could build me a kit
for 300.00, or rebuild my carb for 395.00. Both these strike me as absurd.

Any help, leads, parts, appreciated.
Thanks,
David Doyle