Re: [MV] M-578 Arrives!

From: Cav43rdBn@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 18:28:08 PDT

In a message dated 10/20/00 1:43:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
majrice@hotmail.com writes:

> The M-578 is indeed the venerable VTR....

    Oh yeah, I remember those...... the mechs in our motorpool
had the track broken down on one of them, changing pads, I think,
and decided that, "well, we've got the one side done, let's do the
other...." Only problem was, they were on a slope, didn't think to
chock the roadwheels.....

    The biggest problem was that yours truly was at the bottom of
the hill, in front of the battalion commo shop, underneath of my
soon-to-be ex-M880. I heard one of the mechs scream, "Look out!",
looked up to see this beast bumping down the hill, and just had
time to roll out from underneath and run. It had a pretty good head
of steam going, and shoved the hapless Dodge through the front
wall of the building, finally ending up in the back room. Miraculously,
no one was in the shop at the time!

    I've got the pics around here somewhere........ :-)

Jerry