Re: [MV] Zenith carb black hole

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 08:16:09 PDT

>It seems as though the Zenith Carburetor Division of the Bendix Corp, as well
>as anyone who ever worked there, or sold or serviced their products has
>vanished into a black hole.
>
>I am desperately seeking a few parts....
>
>C81-57-50 Valve (needle) and seat

As far as the needle and seat go, you should put in a "Gross-Jet" valve made
by D&G Valve somewhere in the northeastern US. I use them in everything
(with a carb that is). They are a ball valve not the normal needle valve
and seem much less prone to either sticking shut or failing to close all the
way. I can get number and address if your interested.

je