Re: [MV] Zenith carb black hole

From: David Richoux (tubaman@wombat.net)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 09:10:51 PDT

jonathon wrote:

> >It seems as though the Zenith Carburetor Division of the Bendix Corp, as well
> >as anyone who ever worked there, or sold or serviced their products has
> >vanished into a black hole.
> >
> >I am desperately seeking a few parts....
> >
> >C81-57-50 Valve (needle) and seat
>
> As far as the needle and seat go, you should put in a "Gross-Jet" valve made
> by D&G Valve somewhere in the northeastern US. I use them in everything
> (with a carb that is). They are a ball valve not the normal needle valve
> and seem much less prone to either sticking shut or failing to close all the
> way. I can get number and address if your interested.
>
> je

This is a good product - I have one in my Unimog carb. Just be sure to tighten it
firmly in it's seat - many unusual engine running (or not running, more like)
conditions can happen with a loose Gross-Jet! I will be getting two more for my
new Pinzgauer.

Dave Richoux Pinz 710M, Mog Funkwagen, M151-A1 Los Altos CA