DRMO Tampering? YES!

From: Gil Huguley (Gil@huguley.com)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 08:51:57 PDT

List:
I personally know of some admitted tampering going on at DRMO Ft. Lewis, WA. I was advised by an individual to be present on the first day of inspection for a sale, find a good truck and then take certain steps to make the vehicle les desirable. Then the truck would not receive as many bids or as high a bid, etc. etc. I find that kind of activity repugnant if not downright criminal. On second thought it is criminal. It is damaging government property, and should be prosecuted as such.

I originally thought to tell you of the steps this individual took, but realized that would be irresponsible. Sort of like the newspapers reporting on terrorist bombings and describing the steps to construct a homemade bomb.

BTW, I believe DRMO Ft. Lewis now routinely removes the batteries from sale vehicles. I guess they got tired of "test drives" around the lot. (LOL)

Gil Huguley
MVPA 17595
Methow, WA USA
'53 M37 w/winch