Re: [MV] Ford Explorers, centers of gravity, Milvehs & idiots.

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 08:12:33 PDT

At 12:48 AM 10/25/00 -0500, Rikk Rogers wrote:
>I just watched the Dateline on West coast sat-feed and I can't help but
>wonder......
>If you aren't sharp enough to figure out, that if the center if gravity is
>higher you might role over,
>well maybe the world..........

Sort of tangential, but I was at an airshow with a number of our club's
M-151 vehicles in attendance, and by coincidence we were placed adjacent
to Chrysler Corp.'s display of a couple of very pretty TJ's.

Walked on over to check 'em out (before they were a common sight on our
streets), and became part of the audience enraptured by this salesman who
started extolling the virtues of "the revolutionary 4-wheel independent
suspension" as fitted "for the first time to a Jeep." I had a private
giggle, then told the fellow he might like to revisit his history a bit,
and have a look at one of our old green things which first motored their
way very independently indeed over the APG torture-test somewhere back
in 1957.

Don't know if he secured any clients that day - but I think we did!

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Western Command MVHS
Vancouver, B.C.