Re: [MV] dead horse

From: Chuck from Olive-Drab (cc@olive-drab.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 20:42:56 PDT

Yeah, this rumor of the $50 jeep just never goes away. I used to hear it
from people back in Pennsylvania in the 1950s. And they always swore they
had a friend or relative that actually bought one. I got excited the first
few times. But if you try to trace it down it never works out.

In about 1985 a guy from a garage in Connecticut told me he had a crate in
his basement that he got from his Dad. He said he opened one corner and
could see the OD jeep inside. He was saving it for his children figuring it
would be worth enough to send them to college. I told him I would pay him
$50 just to photograph the crate if it had military markings on it
indicating a jeep was inside. He said he would do it but somehow he could
never find the time.

Chuck