Re: [MV] MV blackout lites

From: Demonware Restorations (INDYN@xtra.co.nz)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 15:25:28 PST

> I know this sounds funny, but when I was a kid, a heating repair man came
> my house and had to remove rusted screws from a stove. He brought a glass
> bottle with a very dark fluid in it and used that on the screws, and it
> worked, they came loose. After this guy retired, and since I was a friend
of
> his son, he told me what this wonder product was: just plain Coca Cola!

This doesn't sound funny at all. Many years ago my science teacher had the
class conduct a similar experiment.
A rusty nail was placed into a glass jar containing Coca Cola. Within hours
the rust was gone, and within weeks the nail also vanished (and NO it was
not removed by Human Intervention). Makes you wonder what it does to your
gut.

I also heard a myth involving a Coke worker falling into a vat and he wasn't
seen again. Maybe a little way out but the nail story is true.

Regards

Adam North
RNZAF Police Ret.
Demonware Restorations
1919 Indian Power Plus (could be military scheme, but undecided)
1941 M741B Indian
1942 M741B Indian
88' Landrover NZSTG
Type 82 Kubelwagon