Re:[MV] "Memphis Belle"

From: Antoine (antoine@usa.net)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 23:00:00 PST

One other thing:
Captain Robert K. Morgan, who was flew 25 missions at the controls of
the 'Memphis Belle" is still with us, and can be readched at:
bellepilot@mindspring.com
The "Belle" is on display in Memphis, and I am taking the liberty of
re-posting for the list a message Capt. Morgan put on the Net last
April:
quote:
I hope you will visit the World War II B-17 Memphis Belle Pavillion on
Mud Island when you are visiting Memphis. My crew and I were the first
to complete 25 combat missions during WWII. We are honored that the
Belle was restored and put on permanent display. I'll be happy to
answer any questions you might have about the Belle at this e-mail
address. Although I live in Asheville, NC., I named the Belle after
Ms. Margaret Polk, of Memphis - a true Southern Belle.
unquote.
Captain Morgan, I bow to you in respectful and admiring silence.

Antoine