Re: [MV] B-17's, Jeeps and Flight Line

From: Ted Hintopoulos (hint@northnet.org)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 05:58:18 PST

>I have found a copy of "Memphis Belle" here in China and am now
>wondering where all those B-17's used in the movie came from. Also Many
>WWII period correct vehicles, not to mention the perfect Uniforms!!!!!

>This flic also sparked a childhood memory of the T.V. series "12 O'Clock
>High"
>
>Anyone know what happened to that????

Rang a few bells here. I remember that and "Combat" and "The Gallant Men",
another
WW2 series from back when.

Remember a short about the making of "Memphis Belle". Think they only
used 2 or 3 B-17s and cinema magic.

Oh, one other....remember the "Amazing Stories" series. They had one
on the last mission of a B-17. Talk about keeping the equipment, etc as
real as possible
with a dash of "Looney Tunes" in the end.

How are things Tim.
Its been a long time since we spoke.
Best wishes!

Ted.