Re: [MV] M35 starter buttons

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 21:52:25 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill George" <primemover@2xtreme.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 8:23 PM
Subject: [MV] M35 starter buttons

> Anybody have any NOS M35A2 starter buttons for sale? The one in my truck
> acts up when it's cold. Push the button when it's cold nothing, take the
> switch out, bring it in the house where it warm, test it works fine. Put
it
> back in the truck while it's still warm, works fine. Gets cold again and
the
> button no onger works. I'm assuming the spring inside shrinks when it gets
> cold, either way anybody have any NOS ones they want to get rid of, or
even
> a good used one? Thanks,Bill

I had one M35 with a similar problem and also suspected the switch. Turned
out that the relay mounted on the side of the block had a bad ground
connection
within, and if you held your mouth just right the thing would start, then
bugger
up again seemingly out of malice.

When next it happens, remove the plug from the back of your switch and jump
it with a pair of pliers or suitable bit of wire (unless you've already done
so.)

Andy Hill
Vancouver, B.C.