Re: [MV] Honest John and Lacrosse launchers

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 10:52:10 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: <DDoyle9570@aol.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2000 8:05 AM
Subject: [MV] Honest John and Lacrosse launchers

> These are the two systems I inquired about earlier....
> The Honest John was launched from a M139 based 5 ton truck.
> The Lacrosse from a M45 2 1/2 ton truck.
>
> Does anyone know the fate of this equipment? (the trucks, that is)
> Thanks,
> David Doyle

I've wondered that myself. A couple of our local MVPA chapter members
were stationed in Germany with Honest John units (one still has his
commander's pennant), and I've never seen any of the trucks in either
Canadian junkyards, or pictures of same from the extensive collection
of targets at the Primrose Lake Evaluation Range (Cold Lake, Alta);
which is itself a sort of Elephant's Graveyard for M135 and M5(X) family
vehicles.

I expect we let them go for scrap in Germany, though we seem to have
repatriated most of our equipment from ETO as a matter of policy.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.