tool search

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 19:22:35 PST

Esteemed listers:
I'm filling out the tool inventory in my signal Corps trailer kit, and thus:
I'm seeking a source for new surplus or civilian stock electrician's
scissors. This is the little nickel plated all-metal stubby guy that comes in
the three tool pouch issued to linemen. It's a companion to the TL-29 knife
and the sidecutting lineman's pliers. Commonly called bulldog snips or cable
splicing scissors, they have short tough jaws that are serrated. The correct
Klien tool # is 2100-7, but Klein distributors don't seem to carry them
anymore. I think Wiss also made them for the US military, and for the Bell
System. (remember that?)
Thanks guys and gals!
CJack