Re: [MV] Antique's after dark... IN PA

From: JEFF HAIN-MATSON (flmv@flmv.net)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 14:28:44 PST

the quickie version of our great states antique vehicle use law is this:
antique tag = dawn to dusk with original lighting no problem
antique tag = after dark MUST HAVE current lighting; i.e. 2 brake lights and
turn signals.
some cops will even try to push the "must be state inspected" thing for after
dark use. i have so far
been able to convince the 3 who have pulled me over after dark that a quick
check of my lights on
their part should make them happy. (luckily none of them wanted to split hairs
over the lack of a
licensee plate light.)

it's not something i totally agree with, but i can see the point after dark,
considering how hard some
military lighting is to see during the day.

then for fun there is NJ next door where original equipment lighting is good 24
hours a day, as long as
your are coming or going to "an event".
bottom line 50 states and 50 sets of rules.
best i have found is lots of common sense considering how most people drive
around trucks and historic
military vehicles.

good luck

jeff