RE: [MV] translate unit markings on 530C fire truck

From: John Hutterer (john.hutterer@deltec.com)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 05:35:38 PST

David,

The 5A stands for 5th Army (I was a member of it when I was stationed at
Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri in 1969-1971) and the ENG refers to Engineers. A
truck in use then might read something like 5A 5ENG HQ17. This would mean
5th Army, 5th Engineers (Also stationed at FLW at that time) Headquarters
truck number 17. The HQ17 would have been on the right side of the front
bumper. Hope this helps.

John