Military Vehicles for sale- update

From: JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 19:17:36 PST

I have found out more about the individuals who did this. I know who they
are. I won't mention any names, as they have offered to make good, but here
is how it went.

They got in touch with the wife, and made arrangements to buy the vehicles
for cash. They received un-signed titles ( my client has them in his
possession now). They not only received the vehicles, but went scrounging
through the parts pile, taking what they wanted (without the knowledge of
the wife). They then used the towing rig of my client to move the vehicles
back to their home state. All without his knowledge. They were found out
when he was driving down the road, and saw his vehicle being driven by two
strangers.

As I have said, they have supposedly offered to make good. It remains to be
seen if they actually do this. In the mean time, they are still out there.
They have definitely made a bad situation worse than it was for my client,
his children, and his wife- soon to be ex as she is.
Maybe I am sharper than the average bear, but before I even visited to take
the photos for the client, I was aware that there was something strained in
the air. I wonder why receiving un-signed titles didn't stir their
suspicions? Or having to pay in cash? Or being given the un-precedented
offer of use of the vehicle (not registered in the name of the individual
who gave them permission to use it) to move the vehicles 6 or 7 states away?
Didn't any alarm bells go off?

john@astory.com
http://www.astory.com