Re: [MV] Jeep identity

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 00:57:40 PST

At 16.56 08/11/00 -0600, JOHN wrote:
>Thanks to all that replied to my posting!
>
>Maybe I will be able to know what details to be looking for when I make it
>back over, when it quits raining here. Seems some folks around Texas way,
>sent a lot of water our way! Was too little, now too much.
>I'll definitely have the camera with me! I'll let you all know how it turns
>out. I'll have pictures to post one way or the other.
>
>Thanks again
>
>John Doherty

Nov 9 2000

John
Hi from the other side of the "Big Pond"! It is easy to identify a WWII
Jeep: just look at the front lights, if they are solid with the body it is
not a WWII jeep. If they are "inside" the body and may be pivoted to
lights the interior of the engine compartment for inspection/repair, well
it is a WWII Jeep... It must not have a tailgate and on the left (driver's
side) there should be the axe/shovel attachments.
The postwar M38 has the axe/shovel attachments on the right side (passenger
side).

Yes! I shall be pleased to see the picture (when the rain will come back
to Texas...)!

Regards and

Get Them Rolling!

Raimondo - MVPA 15878 & IMPS 2320

(Need for presents or collection Decorative Ceramics? For the best,
handmade, original, Italian Ceramics of Capodimonte, please click here:
http://www.ceramicofnaples.it)