Re: [MV] Just in.....Virus check!

From: Stan R. Day (kittycat@nmia.com)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 05:33:38 PST

All,

Note the file name: somename.xxx.PIF It's the PIF extension you need to
watch out for. That's an old way of designating a file that should be
run. Never open any email attachment with a PIF extension, it's the same
as opening an EXE attachment. "somename.JPG.PIF" is NOT a JPEG image
file, and "somename.TXT.PIF is NOT a text file.

Hope this helps.

Stan