Re: [MV] Jeep identity

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 05:55:07 PST

>At 12.55 09/11/00 GMT, LUC wrote:
>hmmmmmm
>don't forget the hotchkisses!!!!
>
>Luc
>
>>Nov 9 2000
>>
>>John
>>Hi from the other side of the "Big Pond"! It is easy to identify a WWII
>>Jeep: just look at the front lights, if they are solid with the body it is
>>not a WWII jeep. If they are "inside" the body and may be pivoted to
>>lights the interior of the engine compartment for inspection/repair, well
>>it is a WWII Jeep... It must not have a tailgate and on the left (driver's
>>side) there should be the axe/shovel attachments.
>>The postwar M38 has the axe/shovel attachments on the right side (passenger
>>side).
>>
>>Yes! I shall be pleased to see the picture (when the rain will come back
>>to Texas...)!
>>
>>Regards and
>>
>>Get Them Rolling!
>>
>>Raimondo - MVPA 15878 & IMPS 2320

Nov 9 2000

Luc
Touchè! Of course you are right!!!
However, it is not usual to find a Hotchkiss "jeep" in the USA (together
with a Mutt!)...

Yes! It may be a Hotchkiss!

Regards
and don't forget:
Real Jeeps are O.D., all other are wannabees!!

Raimondo - MVPA 15878 & IMPA 2320

(Need for presents or collection Decorative Ceramics? For the best,
handmade, original, Italian Ceramics of Capodimonte, please click here:
http://www.ceramicofnaples.it)