Re: [MV] A couple of fuel questions......

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 18:03:32 PST

>At what temp does diesel gel.
>And I know they add gasoline to it to keep this from happening, what are the
>ratios?

No thanks. I did this once, and only once, in a pinch and the gas seperated
from the diesel some how, ended up not doing any good. By the time the tank
ran out I was burning almost straight gas. A fill with fresh diesel the
next morning plus warmer weather took care if.

Far better is to run #1 diesel or a mix 50/50 perhaps. In my little diesel
pickup I run 100% #1 diesel all winter.

je