Jeep identified

From: John Doherty (mofta@farmerstel.com)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 12:16:51 PST

It's a M38, I do believe. Post war model. The ID plate is painted in
several layers, so I haven't gotten the specifics yet. But it has been
saved from the crusher, along with the Mutt. Check out the pictures on
Photopoint site:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1049067&a=9861138

Yes, it's rough. But the mechanicals aren't stripped.

You'll also notice some additional relics there. A couple of older heavies,
a HEMTT chassis, and a pipeline roller bed. All located in north Alabama
region. If anyone's interested in parts, I find out for you. The yard is
closed, and everything is to be crushed and scrapped out. I found out about
it by accident, as its not well located.

Enjoy 'em

John Doherty