Re: [MV] EVENTS 2001

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 14:43:37 PST

In a message dated 11/10/00 12:11:51 PM Central Standard Time,
TacticalTruck@aol.com writes:

<< Anybody notice that every color photo of a post war 6X6 in the last issue
of
 Army Motors is incorrectly described? To be fair they appear to be photos
 from Beltring taken by a Brit but geze shouldn't somebody have caught it?
 Isn't part of the MVPAs mission accuracy?
 Jeff
 TacticalTruck.com

I get my Army Motors via first class mail, and when I got mine a couple of
weeks ago I noticed the same thing. That evening I sent an email to Reg
Hodgson (Army Motors editor) pointing out these errors and, I believe,
correctly identifying the vehicles. THAT SAME EVENING I received a very
gracious reply from him thanking me for my input, asking my permission to
print my "correction" in the next issue, and explaining that he is unfamiliar
with post-WWII big trucks, and had to rely upon captions submitted by the
photographer.

Since to me most Jeeps look alike, and I am completely lost on foreign
equipment, I found his explanation both understandable and logical. Couple
this with the fact that the editor is an unpaid position and I think he is
doing a good job.

Did anyone else notice the plea in the first page or two for M-series
articles?

Sincerely,
David Doyle