Re: [MV] Events for 2001

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 13:22:56 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "JEFF HAIN-MATSON" <flmv@flmv.net>
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2000 2:29 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] Events for 2001

> Geoff Winnington-Ball wrote:
>
> > CVRFOX@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > > Isn't it just great that they scheduled the 2001 MVPA National the
same time
> > > as Beltring?
> >
> > Yeah, too bad the MVPA event will suffer... :-))
> >

> that is a fact, FRONT LINE MILITARY VEHICLES will be at beltring for year
5.
> several dutch dealers were going to send a container full of goodies over
for the
> national, until they heard the date.
> oh well, the mvpa's loss!!!!

Hmmmmm, every now and again the ivory tower syndrome backfires badly.
Pity, there's usually 400 or more jeeps to look at which should be enough to
keep them busy.

> > Seriously, guys, if you've never been there, you HAVE to make the trek
> > Beltring! It's nothing like you've EVER seen. Just having been there
once, this
> > last summer, it is now on my annual schedule - well worth the airfare.
You will
> > see every military vehicle you ever dreamt of, and some you never
imagined, but
> > it's the PEOPLE who make the show what it is. Simply the finest
collection of
> > individuals from the four corners of the earth, no more, no less.
> >
> > Even take your wife/girlfriend/concubine! If she's not into green
things, pack
> > her off to London for a few days (a hop, skip and a jump away), while
you stay
> > with the rest of us and experience a show as you've never experienced an
MV
> > show.
> >
> > You won't regret it... already, many of you here have taken the plunge,
but many
> > more haven't. Just do it, all right??!! You ain't getting any younger...
:-)

> this is all an understatement, can't say enough good about
> BELTRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed, it has to be experienced to be appreciated, words, photos and video
do not do it. Two words of warning, Beltring can be very injurious to the
holiday and travel plans after but a single visit, and if you are just
looking for row upon row of M somethings, best not bother.

I don't think Nige has ever done a simple summary of Beltring, its worth a
line or several to get the flavour; now I know this is wrong as some don't
make it, but many additional late-comers do, and the programme is
necessarily printed a little in advance.
Listed this year:

Amphibians 26
Ambulances 49
Bicycles 67
Motorcycles 213
Light vehicles 538
Medium vehicles 264
Heavy vehicles 254
Light tracked armour 4
Wheeled armour 107
Artillery 22
Heavy armour ("tanks etc.") 39
Misc. (trailers, dozers and the like) 120
Displays 64
Stalls (tables)(some of which are semi trailers) 631
Oh, and 423 jeeps.

To say nothing of the annually renewed and made anew MV chums from all over
the world, the Aussies and Kiwis can make it, how about some more Yanks
please. Five days is just enough, shattered you will be.

Richard
Southampton - England