Re: [MV] CUCV Glow plugs

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 12:09:29 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "chance wolf" <timberwolf@wheeldog.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2000 7:21 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] CUCV Golw plugs

Yes, but; V is the voltage across R when I current flows through it.

>Therefore: 24 = I x .08, or more solvably, 24 / .08 = I, and I
> works out to be some 30 amps.

Bit crossed up here, the original post stated 0.8 ohm not 0.08, the sum
above gives 300A as written. Also the whole of the 24V supply is not
dropped across the resistor as the glow-plugs have a resistance too, which
is why they get hot. You have effectively two resistors in series with
voltage across each.

>My manual states the nominal total CUCV
> glow-plug load as around 35A,

Therefore the voltage across the 0.8 ohm resistor is 35 x 0.8 which is 28V
and this obviously cannot be correct.

Richard
Southampton - England