Beltring accomodation question

From: Steve Malikoff (MIL-VEH account) (44gpw@phaedra.apana.org.au)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 15:24:15 PST

G'day Richard and Nigel,
    This might be a very naive question, but is it possible to camp at
Beltring, or close by? From what I've read on the list, it sounds like the
accomodation organisation is a very big worry for those not familiar with
european conditions. The notion of just throwing a swag on the ground and
crashing out, or camping just off the road in the bush somewhere (with a
roaring big campfire) is pretty much what we do here in Oz; is it possible to
do the same in the UK or Europe or is that just not the done thing in your
part of the world?

Steve.
steven@phaedra.apana.org.au