Re: [MV] Tell me what you think.

From: CYCLOPSRAM@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 02:16:03 PST

Here it is 2000 and my 1941 Cadillac Hydramatic in my 1952 GMC M135 is
working fine. All you have to do is read the manuals and understand that
the trannys don't use atf, they use engine oil. Secondly, they are
adjustable, and thirdly, they need to be used, or the bands tend to stick to
the drums. They are a very durable transmission and difficult to break...
My first experience with them was in 1963 at Fort Sill, Oklahoma in sand
bouncing up and down until I was smart enuf to put it in low hilly and stay
in one gear and off we went.. My latest one was a firetruck and then a dust
control unit in a sawmill until last month and now it carries me and a
Budweiser around my yard...Memphis Equipment had a controller for them years
ago called the "REB power shift" It was a manual control for shifting, but
took all the fun out of the tranny cuz you could predict the shifts... ha.
Don,t let all these neophytes condemn a good tranny which served well in the
Stuart Tank, the Chaffee tank, the M59 and M84 APC among others... RAM