Re: [MV] EVENTS 2001

From: Michael Stallwood (tankcity@globalnet.co.uk)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 03:06:10 PST

Not quite correct for our Continental friends Antoine. You have forgotten
that they have to take the world's most expensive 21 mile ferry journey each
way right in the middle of the peak fare season. Even at discounted rates,
taking the additional fuel costs and the ferry fare into account, you could
run a GMC truck about 1500 extra miles in the States! Furthermore, French
collectors have to pay to use their freeway! (that's why the French don't
call it a libreway - French joke).

Mike S. RR. UK