Re: [MV] Another UK Press article yesterday on war grave diggers

From: Eugene PANTANO (snoshu@market1.com)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 08:42:32 PST

I read it all...and listened to several other reports.. I am sorry to
say..the Brits always carry things way to far. As a small boy - back in the
50's - I dug Revolutionary War sites..we found many little items..and the
remains of some muskets and British soldiers. Most were turned over to a
Historical society. Some were taken home. So what !! These are artifacts
buried in the mother earth. They belong to the finder. Actual burial places
are totally forbidden, Off limits completely. BUT - out in the
forests..where the remains are sometimes on the surface.."finders
keepers".. Sorry chaps, but like I have said before, when your'e
dead...your'e dead. And leaving the remains untouched in a battlefield area
is a waste. These men died for a cause..as dumb as it may have seemed..let
someone make a bit of sense out of it. BUT - stay away from actual marked
burial sites !! And above all..leave the "finders" alone.. Gene