Re: [MV] Another UK Press article yesterday on war grave diggers

From: Geoff Winnington-Ball (gwball@sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 09:16:02 PST

Nige,

I took the liberty of posting this on the MLU Forum
(http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/8624), and one of ours came back almost
immediately with a suggestion for a special 'Protect-a-Battlefield Tour', with
the potential for live-fire exercises! He suggested, "...there enough old
soldiers willing to take their turn in the copses and dales of No Man's Land
with their FN or SMLE or arm of choice...".

I'll go one further and suggest that the opportunities to recreate a 1917
bayonet charge are enormous, and intensely inviting... great TV coverage, too!

Sounds like fun! Can we organize and publicize this through MILWEB?

:-)