Re: [MV] Can't bleed air from system

From: Andy Michalski (amichalski@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 13:27:43 PST

> pressurize tank. Use common sense on amount of air going in versus air
> leaking out around rags. If you have little leakage around rags and add
air
> for 10 minutes and vehicles rear wheels start to leave ground,
discontinue
> ASAP. Remove rags, replace cap, sell vehicle and buy a running car from
> neighbor hood dealer. Horses are not an option,even though they are less
> finicky than GM CUCV series.
> Also, before commencing OPS, verify FUEL IN TANK.( Very important to
> priming sequence )
> The Secretary disavows all knowledge of this operation. Good luck Mr.
> Phelps.

Ah ha! The 2.5 watt bulb mounted to my skull just went on! I just figured
out how to get the fuel into the proper tube...cut holes in each line
visible around the general area of interest (I might add that those big
hoses around the fan blades might not be the ones in question, so use
discretion around those when operating under the hood with the side cutters.
After opening vent holes in the suspect lines, push truck into the swimming
pool you have previously filled with diesel fuel for this purpose (those of
us that already did this in preparation for Y2K are way ahead of us already)
After soaking said vehicle for about 3 hours, attempt to start up truck and
drive out of the shallow end using 4 wheel low to get over the wall. Once
back on land, use high quality duct tape to patch holes in lines previously
made to facilitate the priming function. Now you are ready to go. Future
tech tips to include rescuing your truck from a flaming tank of fuel and
what to do when the EPA decides to visit.