Re: [MV] EVENTS 2001

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 14:35:45 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: <DDoyle9570@aol.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2000 2:21 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] EVENTS 2001

> In a message dated 11/12/00 5:29:29 AM Central Daylight Time,
> tankcity@globalnet.co.uk writes:
>
> << You have forgotten
> that they have to take the world's most expensive 21 mile ferry journey
each
> way right in the middle of the peak fare season.... you could
> run a GMC truck about 1500 extra miles in the States! >>
>
> The ferry fare is $450.00!!? Gee, these boys are serious about this.

Believe it, seems a bit cheap actually for a large truck, of course in 1944
it would have been free.

The worst is local to me being Portsmouth to the Isle of Wight, some 7 miles
with a smallish hatchback costing some $80 US equivalent, go over this
length/height dimension and the price rises exponentially, I salute and
appreciate the active IoW MV crowd who always bring big trucks over for our
local Overlord show (about 1/4 Beltring) and then do it all again for
Beltring.

Richard
Southampton - England