Re: [MV]hyrdamatic transmissions

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 16:42:39 PST

I agree totally. The transmission was remarkably easy to service, required
fewer special tools than today's plastic/potmetal beasts, and although it
didn't shift smoothly enough to put it into a Seville, it was robust and
insensitive to moderate abuse. The nicest thing about it was that you could
grab some 18 year old kid from jerkwater USA and put him behind the wheel and
he was a truck driver! The 18 year old crowd has contributed more to history
in the way of burned clutch linings than perhaps any other thing they've
done. LOL!
Can you tell I liked the trucks?
Jack

<< Here it is 2000 and my 1941 Cadillac Hydramatic in my 1952 GMC M135 is
working fine. major snippage here.....
Don,t let all these neophytes condemn a good tranny which served well in the
Stuart Tank, the Chaffee tank, the M59 and M84 APC among others... RAM