Re: [MV] Diesel

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 07:23:31 PST

  Huh ?? I have been using the best high test gas in any
of my 41 Chevy and M38A1 for a number of reasons. First they
have less MBTE and other garbage additives. They burn
much cleaner than the lower grades evidenced by the color
of the spark plugs when pulled to be checked and the ash
color in the tail pipe..

They have a greater shelf life (this comes from a petroleum
chemical engineer) which means they don't turn your fuel
system into varnish when the car sits in hibernation for
the winter months..

It is also my understanding they have a higher lead ratio
than the regular grades. Yes it galls me to have to pay the
extra in price difference but I figure my babies are worth
it

                                Bob B