Never say NO

From: Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 06:54:32 PST

Milstuf said:
"I know where 14 of those went to which dealer and they
were totally legal thease as I understand never were sold to any Government
they were rejects or test Vehicles from AMG."

Well not exactly. AMG sold those units as scrap to a salvage dealer up there
and AMG thought they understood that but it didn't happen that way. They
were then sold to collectors (some around $3000) and AMG was miffed by that
and as a result will make sure that if this event happens again, the units
will be shredded. AMG has a very strong stance on this subject. Legal?
Perhaps. Rejects? No such thing, AMG doesn't build rejects, only
prototypes. These were the first ever built starting with serial number 1.
You don't sell your prototypes to the gov't!

Milstuf also said:
"Atlanta and Riverside were the first real auctions
ever and will be no more."

Here we go with the "crystal ball" predictions again! Remember the guy with
the $65000 Humvee in an early Supply Line ad who said the same thing before
the Manheim Auctions? There are over 300,000 units in the military system
and they will have to go somewhere. BTW, did you know police and other
gov't municiples can get Hummers for law enforcement if they become
available through surplus and for free? 151 jeeps were never available that
way as they were on the demil list.