Re: [MV] you never know

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 07:13:11 PST

Jon Shoop <shoop19@brick.net> wrote:
> Please don't be so quick to rush to judgement.....I remember when George
> Pretty and Mark Sundy had the FIRST Hummers for sale in the country and
> many people cried foul...but guess what...they were perfectly legal and
> those vehicles are running around all over the place.....
>
> Just Chill...and see what happens...if you are skeptical....thats
> cool...just don't start a fire where there is none........

Well-put, Jon! I'm very skeptical, given my past experience with
surplus HMMWVs, but I do hope I'll be proven wrong for this one!

Has anybody determined exactly what the seller is claiming you get for
your $12,000? If that's his price for a running hardtop HMMWV, then
I'm wondering where he got them and I think it sounds too good to be
true. If that's his price for the residue trucks with hardtops shows
at the bottom of the page, then that doesn't sound too unreasonable,
and they could even be from the pool of leftover auction HMMWVs.

Incidentally, I saw a posting on the Hummer Mailing List that stated
that there will be another HMMWV auction in Atlanta on the 17th, and
in Riverside on the 18th. I don't know any more details than that, so
please don't ask. I assume that the auction houses are trying to
unload the last of the leftover HMMWVs from the auctions a year or so
ago.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/