RE: [MV] Navy Jeeps

From: Russell Hill (russell@cyberport.com)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 11:23:10 PST

These were on the cover of an old "Military Vehicles" magazine but I can't
find it right now. They carried a generator as portable power for the
planes on the carriers to avoid having cables strewn all over the place.
I'll keep looking send more info if I find it. Anyone else have that issue
around - from back in the plain paper (not glossy) cover days.

Russell Hill
La Plata, NM
M211's, M29's, M274's, Tucker SnoCat (non-mil), various trailers!

I watching the "Bridges at Toko Ri" the other night and noticed two three
wheeled jeeps being used on board a carrier. Not being a Jeep person, I had
not seen anything like this before. Can anyone enlighten me as to what they
were?

Deryk Walker
1944 WC-56 Command Car "Baby"
Mission Viejo, CA