Re: [MV] Spark Plug Number for Mighty Mite

From: James Wiehe (j.wiehe@sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 12:00:30 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: <INDUSTELE@aol.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 11:09
Subject: [MV] Spark Plug Number for Mighty Mite

> The spark plugs and wires had been changed by the previous owner to civilian
> style, and I'd like to go back to the original waterproof system. Can any of
> the MM crowd give me the Champion or AC-Delco number for the military
> waterproof plugs that are suppose to go in the M422A1? I've been able to
> order the waterproof plugs from my local auto store, but I need the number.
> Is it the same as the M38's and M38A1's? If so I've got a supply of those on
> hand.
>
> A friend told me that there was a chart in a long ago Army Motors that gave
> these numbers and civilian counterparts. Does anyone recall that chart and
> be willing to share the information from it?
>
> Thanks, Tom Campbell - Birmingham, Alabama

The chart that I have shows that the plugs for the M38, M38A1, M422, M151
vehicles are the same only a slight variation in temperature ranges.
M422--Champ.# XMJ-20, AC. # WR47
This is an old chart and the numbers may have been changed.
I hope that this helps you out.
Jim Wiehe , VA3JHW
mail to : j.wiehe@sympatico.ca