Re: [MV] Turning LDT 465-1D to LDS 465-1A?

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 04:44:23 PST

In a message dated 11/14/00 10:29:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
amichalski@earthlink.net writes:

<< So, an idea came to mind looking at this manual, I think that the LDS might
 have a higher ratio intake valve rocker arm, what's to stop deuce owners
 with the 1D motor to swap to this rocker arm, juice up the injection pump,
 and have an extra 125 lb. torque and 40 HP? Ok, maybe a LDS pump might be
 in order to get the full power out of this conversion, but it seems like
 quite the interesting modification! Anyone ever try doing this? Anything
 that I am missing here? >>

I have prepared an article which touches on this which I believe will be
appearing soon.
To be brief, there are a few other differences which you have missed. BUT the
major problem is engine cooling. There have been cases of folks fitting the
LDS to a deuce, and the major problem with doing that and operating it at the
rated HP is that the deuce radiator doesn't have enough capacity to cool the
engine properly, which leads to catastrophic failure.
Hope this helps,
David