Online Reference Material

From: Dennis O'Connor (oconnor01@snet.net)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 19:21:29 PST

Hi List,
    The following is from a newsletter from the United Technologies Corp.
Information Services network. I thought it might be helpful to some of the
list as reference material. Some of the sites have free access and others
may require registration it said in another part I trimmed, I don't know
because I haven't tried any of them yet. Hope someone gets some use from
them.
    On a personal note I'd like to thank everyone that has sent their best
wishes and kind thoughts as I work on defeating my cancer.

Best Regards,
Dennis O'Connor

Begin Quote:
This month, we've been talking about the World Aviation Directory Online.
You may be interested in other directories or sources of company and product
information on the internet. If so, here are some to try.

THOMAS REGISTER http://www.thomasregister.com/index.html
This popular site can help you locate manufacturers and distributors of
products and services. Many of them include online catalogs or connections
to their websites.

GRAINGER http://my.grainger.com/Grainger/start.jsp
Try the advanced search to locate products by manufacturer, by catalog page,
by brand name or model.

THE BLUEBOOK: BUILDING CONSTRUCTION
http://www.thebluebook.com/+AF8-bbbid.htm
The Blue Book is the Industry's leading source of regional, categorized
construction information. It features over 800,000 company listings with
over 46,000 display ads and company profiles. Search for contractors,
suppliers, manufacturers, dealers, distributors, engineers and architects.

HOOVERS ONLINE http://www.hooversonline.com/
Search here for companies and retrieve basic information plus a list of
their business units with profiles, web sites, competitors etc.

COMPANIES ONLINE http://www.companiesonline.com/
Search for information on over 100,000 public or private companies. Search
by category or company name. Use the advanced search feature to search by
web address or stock symbol. Listings include addresses, phones, web
addresses, sales, +ACM- of employees, Duns numbers, SIC codes and more.

EDGAR ONLINE http://edgar-online.lycos.com/lycos/business/
Need to locate public filings for specific companies? Try the Edgar
database via Lycos.com
COMPANY SLEUTH http://company.sleuth.com
Want to track a company's news, patents, earnings, filings, ratings and
more? You can register here for information on up to 10 companies and
receive updates via email.

CORPORATE INFORMATION http://www.corporateinformation.com/
Locate web sites worldwide which contain information about a specific
company. Research an industry or company by country or by state. Locate
the top companies worldwide, in specific companies or industries. Locate
country information.

INDUSTRY SEARCH http://industrysearch.com/cgi/home.plx
A business to business ecommerce website linking industrial buyers to
suppliers. Search from over 120,000 manufacturers or suppliers. Search for
products or services+ADs- search by state+ADs- locate auctions

KOMPASS http://www.kompass.com/
This is the online version of a well known international directory with
information on over 1.5 million companies, 23 million key product and
service references, 3 million executive names, 700 000 trade and brand
names, 50000 Kompass classification codes in over 70 countries.

GLOBAL AEROSPACE DATABASE http://www.x-cd.com/
Search over 8,000 aerospace, aviation, defense companies. Search by
product, service, category or state.
DEFENCE +ACY- AEROSPACE http://defence-directory.com/
An international directory for company, product and contacts in the defense
industry
VERIZON SUPER PAGES http://www.superpages.com/
Browse categories, search for businesses or people nationwide. Search for
businesses within so many miles of your location.

SWITCHBOARD http://www.switchboard.com/
Find a business, a person, city guides, services and maps.

INTERNATIONAL PHONE DIRECTORIES http://www.teldir.com/eng/
This is an index to international phone directories by country. It claims
to be the +ACI-Internet's original and most complete index of online phone
books, with over 400 links to Yellow Pages, White Pages, Business
Directories, Email Addresses and Fax Listings from over 170 countries all
around the world+ACI-.
End Qutoe