Re: [MV] truck at school

From: Damon Gentile (damonfg@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 10:48:13 PST

Actually Clinton's "crime bill" did allow
for several instances where guns are OK
on school grounds.

Probably not under the same exemptions,
but as a student I was gunsmithing the
patrolling cop's sidearms. Yes they
were Massachusetts state police.

(back when I was dumber than I was smart)

-Damon

Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 23:06:59 -0600
From: Michael Howell <michael@tsixroads.com>
Subject: Re: [MV] truck at school

I am surprised that only one person has replied that it is a
federal
offense to
have a weapon at school or within so many yards of one. This
includes guns,
knives, and destructive devises. Many districts include
anything
that looks
like the above. So a HMV with even a replica machine gun on it
would
be in
violation of this law. In fact, just driving down the street
next to
a school
can violate this law. I am thinking this is another thing we
can
thank slick
for, but might have been voted in before he took office. The
displaying of
historic weapons was not exempt form the law as was discussed by
the
NRA at the
time. Of course, some laws are only enforced when they need to
be.

Mike
Tishomingo, MS

> > I'd make sure that the teachers were forewarned before
showing up
in the