Ferret Fluids

From: JeepBoy350@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 05:14:55 PST

Hello List,

Thanks to all who have provided such great information. I need clarification
on the coupling fluid.... I get that it is a mineral based oil.... but what
weight? It was suggested to try a motorcycle shop for a Silkolene product...
they have three pages of products, but the closest thing I can find is
SILKOLENE ATV which is "100% mineral base multi-grade 4 stroke engine oil
formulated fo use in ATV's" available in 10W40 and 20W50..... there is also
SILKOLENE Motorcycle "Mineral-based multi-grade oil with excellent anti-wear
and low-friction properties" available in the same weights...... Are either
of these good for using in the Ferret Coupling? If not can I get more
guidance on specific product names, weights, and or suppliers in the US?

Thanks for all your help,
Tony