Re: [MV] 2 ½ ton and 5 ton AirPacs and prices

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 20:38:50 PST

In a message dated 11/22/00 11:18:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
kt4al@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Ok Guys the guy probably stepped on his you know what. It's not like I have
 never done that and then pressed the send icon. Please give him a break, I
 think everyone here knows what he was talking about, He was looking for
 someone like me that has no overhead or employee's so the price should be
 cheaper.
 As I heard a vendor at a show once say "all vendors are just trying to
 support their hobby." I do buy lot's and sell the extra's and give a good
 price too, but it helps to offset my hobby's cost.
 The one thing I have found out about this list is you had better have thick
 skin, make one slip-up and you are flamed for at least 2 weeks. >>

Please note:
I am not trying to flame anyone, and I feel that the original poster (who is
unknown to me) was only looking for a bargain (I have no problems with
bargains, even say so in my post). I do however tire of hearing folks
bemoaning complaining about prices when in fact there is only a reasonable
return on investment. As a small business owner myself perhaps I am
oversensitive to this. But the fact is most people haven't a clue how much
money it takes to operate any kind of business. Payroll, taxes, utilities,
inventory, theft all add up to an enormous sum. And the "right-off" people
often extoll as justification for a business giving up dollars, ha!, its a
joke, folks forget that first there must be a profit to reduce!

Sorry for any confusion, not trying to flame.
David