Re: [MV] Virus

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 20:55:49 PST

Just as a matter of interest to all on the list when you receive a Spam or
commercial e-mail and it has a "to delete yourself from our list please
e-mail here" tag DO NOT REPLY TO IT!! If you reply to get yourself "Removed"
you just confirmed to them you have an active e-mail address so they send
the address to their good list for further resale to other companies. And
you wondered how they got your e-mail address!!! Right??

    Jim

James Shanks
The Line Below is my Ham Radio Callsign
n1vbn@bit-net.com
The line below is my Ham Radio Packet Address
N1VBN @ WB1DSW.NH.USA.NOAM