Re: [MV] Rich dealers/poor dealers

From: King (landy@pacificcoast.net)
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 13:05:54 PST

>It sounds to me that you had given your word to the first guy. If you value
>your word, and you want others to value it, you should have stuck to the
>deal you made with the first guy, regardless of who was a "dealer" and who
>was a "friend". Especially if you have additional units coming in, one of
>those should have been reserved for the second guy for the trade for the
>trailer. Sorry, but I can understand the "dealer" being upset, you had given
>your word, and didn't stick to it. You can no longer be trusted.
>
>Derek

I have to agree here.One's word is very important for trust.I have had on
several occasions been given someone's word on parts only to find out their
word isn't worth the asswipe they use.One occasion cost me almost $1500.I
had rented a truck and travelled almost 1,000 miles to find out I'd been had.
a couple of thousand years ago if you had been dealing with a Viking it
would have cost you your head if you didn't honour your word.Also if more
people would honour their word then there would be less need for lawyers.
Andre