Re: [MV] Spam problem

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 20:00:15 PST

>.... What needs to happen is, everyone who's not protected, go download/buy
>virus detection software,

Well, that's one way to go. I prefer to not allow my email program to
automatically execute any attached or downloaded .exe or .com files. It is
also a good idea for people to have the smarts to know what files are
comming in, what they are, and what to do with them. For example if you are
sent an image file, the safest thing to do is to open that file within your
image viewing sw, not just click on it and let windows figure out what it
thinks you want. For you to get a virus windows must attempt to run an
executable program, if you don't let it do that then you can't get the virus
(in general).

But then we are going abit off topic here aren't we?

je