Re: [MV] Brazing fluxes and alternates.

From: Sparky (cparkinson@wwdc.com)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 20:31:18 PST

According to Henley's twentieth century formulas processes and trade secrets
(1939 edition) they state:
Borax is the flux most frequently used for hard soldering. It is advisable to
use calcined borax, i,e., borax from which the water of crystallization has been
driven out by heat, as it does not become so inflated as ordinary borax.

Craig Parkinson

5231847
52 M38 CDN
Sept 19 1952