Re: [MV] T34 import

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 12:14:16 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Flynn" <FLYNN1955@webtv.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2000 6:58 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] T34 import

> None in the US? Are no tanks crying out for a good home here?I get the
> impression that the United States is a military vehicle deprived
> country.

No, hardly deprived, you have absolutely loads of jeeps. . . . . . . . . . .

>Does anyone have numbers of owned armour/softskins here vs
> Europe? I bet Richard ,Nigel would know (topic challenge) or them what's
> up north, Canada...

Good Heavens, I have no idea. At a guess its likely pro rata or slightly in
favour of the US on soft-skin as multiple vehicle ownership/use is somewhat
easier in terms of cost and space, however, the US may tend more towards a
mono-culture as is evidenced by the parts ads in Supply Line or Army Motors.

Europe is likely better off for private heavy armour although we shouldn't
loose sight of the fact that many items of hugely expensive and
painstakingly restored German armour is resident in the US but held as an
investment like an important work of art, they will never see the light of
day or get to be driven on a show-ground for the rest of us to look at.

Richard
Southampton - England