Re: [MV] Medium Heavy Iron For Sale

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 14:04:27 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron" <rojoha@mediaone.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2000 8:27 PM
Subject: [MV] Medium Heavy Iron For Sale

> 2) 67 Alvis Stalwart British All-Terrain Amphibian,

Need to check that the amphibious bits are still all there as the mil
de-swum them.

>6WD,

Continuous, solid 6WD, needs its tyres matched to within 2" circumference
and is at potential risk of transmission overload on anything like a long
(over 30 miles) road drive.

>4whl steering,
> Rolls Royce straight 6cyl gas,

Its a B Range B81 Mk 8B/2 straight eight of 6,516cc or 398cu in, with a
truly prodigious thirst, think along the lines of 2.5 miles/US gallon, but
then its a give-away over there so what the hell.

>5 ton payload, $18,000/bo, 978 283 0120/d, 281
> 8626/n, Gloucester,MA.

4 British tons (2240lbs/ton) swimming, on calm water.

Huge fun and stunningly competent off-road, unbelievably complex and the
epitome of inaccessibility, would keep you busy in maintenance and 90EP GO
by the 5 gallon drum for a lifetime, I have one.

Richard
Southampton - England