Re: [MV] Jeeps.....all of them.

From: Thomas M Mc Hugh (tmmchugh@juno.com)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 20:54:05 PST

Peter,

What date of manufacture is on your data plate ???

The number is in conflict with the information that I have read.

Does someone on the list know where or what manual has the info. ???

The info showed the year ofg manufacture and number sequence during that
time. I have accumulated too much bit of info over the last two years,
and cannot find the info right now.

If what I read is wrong, that's fine, but give me a source to have my
records corrected. If it was August 52 with number 20,000 was correct,
what is the number 17215, a late M38 ??? Did they overlap the M38
bodies after the M38A1's came out ???

One article stated that they were still making M38's after they started
the M38A1's. I was led to believe they were made as M38's.

How about it experts ???

Tom McHugh