Re: [MV] M422A1

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 08:55:21 PST

In a message dated 29/11/00 13:26:37 GMT Standard Time, DDoyle9570@aol.com
writes:

<< I think that the M422 came out around 1960, which I suppose would put in
the list about the same spot as the M151. >>

David and Listers.....

I read somewhere that the Mite was developed around the same time as the Mutt
(but you know how books can get things wrong !!!)......... additionally, I
also heard that because the Army wanted the Mutt and the Marines wanted the
Mite, things were actually argued out in front of a Congressional Committee
as to why different branches of the DoD wanted two different 1/4-ton trucks.
I'm sure that one or more of our esteemed Listers will know whether the
Congressional story is/is not true?

Kind regards....
Ken